MSC Cruises is ready to set sail with two new Caribbean bound ships, ready to ride in to the sunset beginning in the 2009-2010 cruise season. The MSC Poesia and MSC Magnifica are each due to arrive in Fort Lauderdale for their inaugural 2009-10 Caribbean seasons. MSC has some eye-popping new cruises scheduled on the new boats. If you’re planning a Caribbean cruise, read on. If you aren’t, prepare to be jealous.
MSC offers a selection of 7 night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings, as well as four different 10 night itineraries. Cruises start at $499 per person on 7 night cruises and $749 per person for 10 night
itineraries, based on double occupancy of-course. If you have whippersnappers, you’ll be excited to hear that when sharing a stateroom with two full-fare-paying adults.
Both the MSC Magnifica and the MSC Poesia offer 1,275 staterooms. 80% of those are outside staterooms and 65% have a balcony. Guests will enjoy the 236,000 square feet of public spaces, 2 pools and 4 hot tubs, and the 13,000 square foot spa. On each ship, guests will have the opportunity to dine at four unique restaurants, including a Sushi Bar. Even in…not so sunny weather, guests can swim away in the MSC Magnifica pool while covered by the Magrodome.
MSC Magnifica Sailings
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Once in Fort Lauderdale, the MSC Magnifica will sail roundtrip 7 night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries through April 7, 2010.
- Eastern Caribbean Enchantment: These itineraries call in Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, the Bahamas and the BVIs.
- Island Treasures & Ancient Temples: These Western Caribbean cruises stop in Key West, Playa Del Carmen (Mexico), the Cayman Islands, Montego Bay, Jamaica and the Bahamas.
- Bermuda – Paradise in Pink: On April 17, 2010, she will sail on this 7 night itinerary that calls at King’s Wharf, Bermuda and Nassau, Bahamas.
She will then make her way over to Europe.
MSC Poesia’s Sailings
- Happy Holidays, Caribbean Style: A 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise departing December 20, 2009, calling in San Juan, St. John’s (USVI), Philipsburg and Nassau.
- Caribbean and Confetti New Year’s: A 7 night Western Caribbean trip departing December 27, 2009, stopping in Playa del Carmen, Georgetown, Montego Bay and Nassau.
- Southern Sunswept Caribbean: 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise, departing November 10, 2009 and February 17, 2010, calling in Curacao, Bonaire, Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua and the Bahamas
Thereafter, it heads further south for a few Panama Canal Cruises and then island hopping across to Europe.
For more information, check out msccruisesusa.com or visit your local travel professional.