Top Honeymoon Destinations 2008
The Honeymooner’s Review Guide recently conducted a survey to find the top honeymoon spots around the globe. Not surprisingly, several of the best destinations to begin your new marriage are found in the Caribbean. The Review surveys couples who have recently returned from the destinations, as well as researching each property for quality. In addition to making great honeymoon spots, these resorts are prime locations for destination weddings.
Ron Haller, President of Honeymooner’s Review Guide, states that “although there are many fine hotels and resorts for couples to choose from, our mission is to report the very finest based upon what returning honeymoon couples report.”
Based on a survey of 25 detailed questions regarding the quality of their experience, couples voted the following the top 25 honeymoon destinations in the world (in no particular order):
- Le Taha’a Private Island & Resort & Spa – Tahaa, Society Islands
- Casa Chameleon – Mal Pais, Costa Rica
- Amore By The Sea Bed and Breakfast Inn – Victoria, BC
- Aventura Spa Palace – Tulum, Mexico
- Four Seasons Resort Lana’i – Lana’i City, Hawaii
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – Maldives
- Royal Plantation – Ochos Rios, Jamaica
- Couples Negril — Negril, Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Carribean – Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Spice Island Beach Resort – Grenada
- Stonefield Estate – Soufriere, St. Lucia
- Aloha Cottage – Makawao, Maui, Hawaii
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach – Cabos San Lucas, Mexico
- Couples swept away – Negril, Jamaica
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino – Curacao
- Marriott Bangkok Resort & Spa – Thailand
- El Dorado Royale – Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach & Villa Resort – Ochios Rios, Jamaica
- Sandals Regency St. Lucia Golf Resort and Spa – St. Lucia
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island – Nassau, Bahamas
- Luna Convento Hotel – Amalfi, Italy
- Ritz-Carlton Kapalua – Maui
- Sandals Regency St. Lucia Golf Resort and Spa – Castries, St. Lucia
- The Fairmont Orchid — Hawaii – Big Island
The ratings are based on 25 factors, though they were not listed. However, ambiance, activities, customer service and romance were among the items scored.
Honeymooners Review Guide, the people who assembled the above list, offers tips, articles and ideas to help you plan your very own honeymoon. The site has a database with more than 3,000 hotels and resorts, providing you direct access to dedicated honeymoon travel agents and destination wedding specialists.
Should you use the site, they ask that your share your new wealth of knowledge by completing a survey on your destination experience.