As with every music festival in the Caribbean, the music festival was created to attract tourist dollars to the island during the low season. The tourist board set out to “establish a world renowned (annual) festival of different genres of music, that would attract broad based international participation, expose artistic excellence and promote St Kitts and Nevis as a major tourist destination.” I can’t think of any better reason for a festival.
Fringe activities take place at the festival away from the main stage, and are an important ingredient in the festival mix. These activities include lunchtime concerts by local musicians and other cultural performers, Caribbean Beach Parties, Scenic Railway Tours, Boat Rides, Slam Dunk Contests and Official After Parties.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Tickets can be purchased from the following retailers:
* The Festival’s Office at the Pelican Mall
* Tony Berry (Wigley Avenue)
* Sun Surf Internet Café (Adlam Street and Bay Road)
* Island Hopper St Kitts (The Circus, Basseterre)
* Island Hopper Nevis (Main Street, Nevis)
* St Kitts Marriott Resort
* Warner Park (the festival site) beginning at 6:00 p.m. the day of the show.
Flights & Accommodations
We at the Caribbean Logue have all the information you need on Flights to St. Kitts and Hotels in St. Kitts. Have a happy festival!