* Accommodation Name: Embassy Suites
* Accommodation Type: Hotel
* Location: 8000 Tartak Street, Isla Verde Carolina, Puerto Rico 00979
* Complementary Breakfast? Yes
* Staff Friendliness (out of 10): 8
* Staff Competence (out of 10): 8
* Room comfort level (out of 10): 8
* Noisy? Quiet as a church mouse
* Pool? Yes
* Concierge? Yes
* Restaurant? Outback
* Conference facilities? Yes
* BT Logue Recommends? Yes
* Booking Information: Embassy Suites
* Review: The Embassy Suites in San Juan, Puerto Rico is one of the more comfortable hotels I’ve had the pleasure to stay in recently. The property is approximately 3 blocks from the beach, within walking distance of numerous restaurants and has a great pool area with a pool bar. An Outback Steakhouse is on the property, but I’d suggest walking the two blocks to Mi Casita for local cuisine. For gamblers, there is a casino on the property as well. Parking is pretty steep, at $20 per night.
All rooms are two room suites, with separate bedrooms and living rooms. With the bedroom located at the back of the suite, you won’t hear a thing from the hallway. Even if you are stuck in the room near the vending area. Guests are welcomed with complementary fresh fruit, snacks and bottled water. Wireless internet is available throughout the property, though there is a fee for service. Your room will include a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave, which is great.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
From 5:30 to 7:30 each night, you can join your fellow guests in the lobby area for the manager’s reception. The reception features complementary beverages and light snacks. I strongly recommend the rum punch. To visit Old Town San Juan, you can take a taxi for approximately $20, or take the local bus for about $1.